A wholesome chicken and dumpling recipe that is great in a Dutch Oven. Rich and creamy chicken and veggies topped with drop biscuits. It tastes as good as it looks!
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless & skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 8oz can corn drained
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 tsp dried parsley
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Bisquick
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- Or pre-made biscuit dough
- Prepare fire or charcoal briquettes
- In a pre-heated Dutch oven, melt butter and add the chicken. Cook until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Add the celery, carrot, onion, and garlic and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Add the flour and stir to coat. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken stock and milk and continue to stir. Bring to a boil. Add the corn and spices, and season to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Bisquick and milk until a dough forms.
- Form the dough into ½” balls and drop them into the pot. Cover and simmer for 10 more minutes. Stir well before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 590Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 224mgSodium 807mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 11gProtein 44g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes