Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 bratwurst (not the pre-cooked type)
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced into rings
- 1 “thumb sized” piece of fresh ginger, sliced thin
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples thinly sliced or finely diced
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 8 outdoor rolls
- Spicy deli mustard for garnish
- Prepare a dozen or so coals and preheat the Dutch Oven
- Brown bratwurst for a few minutes on each side until nicely browned all over, remove from Dutch Oven.
- Melt butter and add the onions and sliced ginger, and cook until soft and just starting to brown.
- Add apples and cinnamon and bring to a simmer.
- Add the bratwurst to the onions and cover until fully cooked (about 30 minutes).
- Stir in the liquid smoke, and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Serve the bratwurst on the rolls with some of the sweet cooked onions and apples, top with spicy deli mustard.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 425Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 71mgSodium 898mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 15g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes