This easy dessert recipe is bursting with cherry goodness and melted chocolate. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect campfire treat.
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can lemon-lime soda
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Prepare 24 or so pieces of charcoal.
- Line the dutch oven with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil.
- Open the cheery pie filling and dump it into the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Layer the chocolate cake mix on top of the cherry filling. Do not stir the mix into the cherry filling just spread evenly on top.
- Open the soda and slowly pour over the cake mix. It will foam but should not overflow if you go slowly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the soda.
- Put the lid on the dutch oven.
- Place 16 charcoal on the lid of the oven and 8 underneath.
- Make a circle of 8 charcoal that will serve as the base heat for baking the cake.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Serve with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 46mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 1g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes