This easy dessert recipe is bursting with cherry goodness and melted chocolate. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect campfire treat.
30-day money back guarantee
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can lemon-lime soda
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Prepare 24 or so pieces of charcoal.
- Line the dutch oven with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil.
- Open the cheery pie filling and dump it into the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Layer the chocolate cake mix on top of the cherry filling. Do not stir the mix into the cherry filling just spread evenly on top.
- Open the soda and slowly pour over the cake mix. It will foam but should not overflow if you go slowly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the soda.
- Put the lid on the dutch oven.
- Place 16 charcoal on the lid of the oven and 8 underneath.
- Make a circle of 8 charcoal that will serve as the base heat for baking the cake.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Serve with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 46mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 1g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes