30-day money back guarantee
- ½ Loaf Sourdough Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ⅔ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Flour
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Stick Butter, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons milk (more if needed)
This can all be prepped at home so you're ready for this tasty breakfast
- Use tin foil to coat the dutch oven and coat with cooking spray
- Tear bread into bite-sized pieces and place evenly in the Dutch Oven
- In a separate bowl mix together the milk, eggs, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread.
- Cover with lid and place in refrigerator or cooler
- In a bag mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cubbed room temp pieces of butter. Using bag massage ingredients together.
- Prepare glaze, mix 3 Tbsp milk into powdered sugar
- When ready to bake sprinkle crumb mixture over the top of Dutch Oven mixture.
- Cook at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until cooked an slightly brown. See charcoal guide below.
How To Determine How Many Coals To Place On, And Under Your Dutch Oven:
The amount and placement of coals on and under your Dutch Oven is important. We often just use the coals from a fire which takes some practice as the heat produced from that is more difficult to measure. We recommend using charcoal briquettes for the most consistent results.
The perfect amount of briquettes is based on your Dutch Oven diameter. For example, if you are using a 10" Dutch Oven, you will need two coals per inch, or a total of 20. To figure out how many coals to place on and under you oven all you need to do is remember the number 2.
For the lid you'll want to place 2 more than the oven size on the lid and for underneath you'll want to place 2 less than the oven size. So for our 10" dutch oven we would place 12 on the lid and 8 on the bottom. For a 12" dutch oven you would place 14 on the lid and 10 on the bottom. This works out to about a 350 degree oven which is just right for most recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 472Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 159mgSodium 412mgCarbohydrates 71gFiber 1gSugar 48gProtein 11g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes