30-day money back guarantee
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 green onions including green parts, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced Portobello mushrooms, add other veggies to your liking
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the olive oil to the Dutch oven.
- Sauté the green onions, mushrooms and a pinch of salt.
- Cover and place a dozen or so coals on the lid
- Cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables, cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are partially set.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place the lid onto the Dutch oven and add 4 hot coals underneath and 10 on top.
- Bake at 350 F for around 8-10 until lightly browned.
How To Determine How Many Coals To Place On, And Under Your Dutch Oven:
The amount and placement of coals on and under your Dutch Oven is important. We often just use the coals from a fire which takes some practice as the heat produced from that is more difficult to measure. We recommend using charcoal briquettes for the most consistent results.
The perfect amount of briquettes is based on your Dutch Oven diameter. For example, if you are using a 10" Dutch Oven, you will need two coals per inch, or a total of 20. To figure out how many coals to place on and under you oven all you need to do is remember the number 2.
For the lid you'll want to place 2 more than the oven size on the lid and for underneath you'll want to place 2 less than the oven size. So for our 10" dutch oven we would place 12 on the lid and 8 on the bottom. For a 12" dutch oven you would place 14 on the lid and 10 on the bottom. This works out to about a 350 degree oven which is just right for most recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 383mgSodium 466mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 19g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes