With just 4 simple ingredients this dutch oven artisan bread is not only delicious but easy to make in your Dutch Oven. Pair with your favorite pasta, chili or stew for a campfire classic.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups water room temperature
- Make ahead of time as the dough needs to sit for 12-24 hours.
- Form the dough: In a bowl mix the flour, salt and yeast together. Pour water into the bowl and using a spatula or a wooden spoon mix it until well incorporated. You do not need to activate the yeast before, even though we're using active dry yeast.
- Allow it to rise: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat dutch oven with 12 coals under and 16 on the lid, aiming for a 450 degree oven.
- Shape the dough: Flour your hands really well and also sprinkle a bit of flour over the dough. With your floured hands gently remove the dough from the bowl and roughly shape it into a ball.
- Sprinkle some extra flour directly into the bottom of the pot. Take the ball of dough and drop it into the pot. Alternatively you could place a piece of parchment paper along bottom of pot.
- Cover the pot with the lid keeping the same amount of coals as you did during preheating.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on or until golden brown
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 171Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 465mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 5g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes