Want an easy and delicious cobbler that you can be made in your oven or while out camping? This peach cobbler is it! I honestly can’t think of a better dessert to make over an open flame.
- 29 oz can of sliced peaches drained
- 1 1/2 c sugar divided
- 1 T butter melted
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c water
- Prepare 24 charcoal briquettes. If using an oven, preheat your oven to 350.
- Drain the juice from your peaches and place in a greased 10" dutch oven
- Mix together 1/2 c of sugar with your butter.
- In a different bowl, mix together your flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine your milk and two mixtures.
- Place spoonfuls of the batter evenly across the top of the peaches. Do not stir.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of sugar over top of the batter.
- Pour your water over everything. Do not stir.
- Bake with 7 charcoal under and 14 on the lid.
- Cook for 45 min to 1 hour, rotating lid and oven in opposite directions every 15 minutes to evenly distribute the heat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 264Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 5mgSodium 287mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 2gSugar 47gProtein 3g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes