Surprise your family with a fresh, crisp, and delicious Dutch oven pizza. Gather up an assortment of toppings and just have fun with it. A great activity for the entire family and best of all, everyone gets the toppings they want.
30-day money back guarantee
- Pizza crust - We prefer getting pizza dough from a bakery or making your own but you can often find pizza dough in a lot of grocery stores these days. As a last resort you can always buy the pizza dough in a tube.
- Pizza sauce - Lots of options here. Any good spaghetti sauce will do or even a simple Olive Oil and garlic drizzle makes for a delicious and light pizza base
- Veggies - Just pick your favorite veggies or use what you have . We love olives, artichoke hearts and Sun dried tomatoes.
- Meats - Can't go wrong with classic pepperoni but the options are endless here. Try using some left over pulled pork from your earlier BBQ Dutch Oven Pulled Pork.
- Cheese - Mozzarella is the king when it comes to pizza cheese but don't be afraid to use what you have on hand.
- Prepare charcoal - Get a nice fire going with a good charcoal base or start some briquettes, about 24 should do it.
- Pre-heat Dutch Oven - Get it nice and hot by placing it over the charcoal as well as plenty of charcoal on the lid
- Prepare pizza dough - Roll out or stretch pizza dough. I make it a bit smaller than the bottom of the Dutch Oven so that it's easier to get out
- Prepare pizza - Take the Dutch Oven off the charcoal and give the bottom a quick wipe with olive oil using a paper towel. Then place your stretched pizza dough on the bottom. Depending on your pizza dough and how you like it, you can cook the pizza dough for a minute or two if needed. Spread some sauce and add your ingredients.
- Cook - Place lid on dutch oven and completely cover with as many coals as will fit. Then place a few underneath. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 450
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes
Download a copy of our recipe e-Book featuring all of the recipes listed here. Stores easily on any device for quick reference or make a print copy.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE