I love bread. Crusty bread, french bread, sourdough bread, and quick bread. If I had to pick a sweet bread it would be pumpkin bread, followed closely behind by banana bread. That’s why this dutch oven pumpkin banana bread is one of my go-to recipes. It’s full of flavor and is soft, moist, and feeds six to eight people!
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat dutch oven to 350 degrees. Oil dutch oven with cooking spray or oil
- In separate bowl combine oats, brown sugar, vanilla, and butter. Mix until crumbly.
- In separate bowl combine baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, sugar, and cloves. Add 1/2 cup water, the pumpkin, eggs, and applesauce mixing well.
- Pour batter into dutch oven, add chocolate chips by scattering them on top, then sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes with 7 coals under and 12 on top.
- Bread is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 408Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 5mgSodium 320mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 3gSugar 52gProtein 5g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes