When we are camping or spending time on the road one our favorite things to do is cook outside over a campfire.
Foil packet meals are a great option when you’re low on time and there aren’t a ton of amenities around. Just toss a few ingredients in aluminum foil and grill. It’s so easy!!
Cooking foil packet meals over the campfire is ideal not only because it’s a quick way to cook but because clean up is a breeze.
For your ease, we’ve rounded up some of the best foil packet recipes right here.
What do I need to be successful at cooking foil packet meals?
- What do I need to be successful at cooking foil packet meals?
- 1. Philly Cheesesteak
- 2. Grilled butter garlic steak and potatoes
- 3. Grilled Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken in A foil Wrap
- 4. Campfire Paella
- 5. Tex Mex White Bean & Chicken
- 6. Grilled Cheesy Fries
- 7. Bacon Ranch Grilled Potatoes
- 8. Campfire Loaded Nachos
- 9. Creamy salsa verde chicken with rice and veggies
- 10. Shrimp Boil In a foil packet
- 11. Hot Ham and Pineapple Campfire Sandwich
- 12. Thai Salmon
- 13. Shrimp Pasta
- 14. Lemon Chicken Asparagus
- 15. Sausage Green Bean And Potato
- Final Thoughts on these easy camping meals
Make sure you don’t use the cheap foil. You want something with a bit of heft to guarantee that all your ingredients cook evenly and the foil doesn’t tear on you.
3. Grilled Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken in A foil Wrap
Source: The Recipe Critic
Sweet pineapple and tangy barbecue sauce are perfect for your chicken and veggies.
Loaded with flavor, this Grilled Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken takes your chicken recipe to the next level. And it can all be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
9. Creamy salsa verde chicken with rice and veggies
Source: Chelsey Messy Apron
In the mood for Mexican? This creamy salsa verde chicken with rice and veggies is amazing! No need to pre-cook the rice or chicken. This dish takes no more than 10 minutes to assemble and is bursting with delicious Mexican flavor.
13. Shrimp Pasta
Source: The Pioneer Women
Didn’t know you can do pasta in a tin foil pack? Oh yes, you can! This scrumptious shrimp pasta is a perfect crowd-pleaser.
The trick to cooking this dish is using partially cooked pasta and a hearty homemade sauce.
Toss that all in some heavy-duty aluminum foil with your raw shrimp and your packets are ready for the campfire.
Final Thoughts on these easy camping meals
Try making a few of these meals on your next road trip or camping trip. You’ll be amazed at just how easy they are. And forget about doing the dishes. Cleanup with these meals is a breeze.