A healthy one pot dutch oven meal full of cajun flavor, fire roasted tomatoes, rice, and beans.
30-day money back guarantee
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounce canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes undrained
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 15.5 ounce canned pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 15.5 ounce canned red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a dutch oven.
- Add the chopped peppers, onions, and celery, then add a pinch of salt. Stir the veggies occasionally and cook about 5 to 7 minutes or until they are tender. Next, add in the garlic, and cook for another minute longer.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce. Add in the herbs and spices; bring to a boil.
- When the pot comes to a boil, stir in rice; reduce heat. Cover and simmer.
- Stir occasionally. You want to simmer until the liquid is absorbed and rice is done, which takes about 15 to 20 minutes
- When the rice has finished cooking, stir in the beans and make sure they heat through, before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 199Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 656mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 9gSugar 6gProtein 10g
Don’t miss these other mouth watering Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes